Welcome To Our Blog!

We are pleased to announce our first baby will be brought into this world around October 28, 2011! This is my first attempt at making a blog, so please bear with me through the process. This seemed like the perfect place to document it all, so here goes nothing!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Baby Update

Sorry, no pictures this time. Just me rambling away! I have a 16 week appointment coming up in a week and a half, but I went to the doctor today because I was having some stuff going on yesterday which I was concerned about. My regular doctor was not available again, so I saw the other partner of the group who I met last appointment. I was just as impressed with him this time as the last... he really is very thorough and takes the time to explain things to you.

Based on the appointment today (and despite my concerns), all looks great which was very reassuring! I am gaining weight and my blood pressure looks great. The doctor thinks my body was either fighting off a virus/bacteria, or I am just having more extreme "growing pains." We started off listening for the baby's heartbeat, which we were easily able to find. Then he did another ultrasound on me, which I was not expecting, but I was nonetheless excited to be able to see the baby again! The baby was in full motion today, squiggling and wiggling all around! It was hard to catch good pictures because of all the movement, but it was so neat because he focused in on the spine, abdomen, head, legs, and the femur bone for me. Aaron asked me after if he was able to tell the sex yet, but my pregnancy brain did not even think to ask!! I am assuming not because I would think he would have said something?! Anyhow, I did find out my placenta is on the back of my uterus, which is apparently a good thing because my friend Courtney tells me I will be able to feel movement earlier this way (which makes sense!). I felt some weird "popping" last week which I could convince myself was baby moving, but who knows! The HR was around 130, but I did not actually see the exact length of the baby. I will tell you this though, it is HUGE compared to the first ultrasound we had! I couldn't believe how big he/she has gotten. Anyhow, so I may or may not have another appointment next week... I will keep the blog updated if we do. Thanks for reading for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment