Welcome To Our Blog!

We are pleased to announce our first baby will be brought into this world around October 28, 2011! This is my first attempt at making a blog, so please bear with me through the process. This seemed like the perfect place to document it all, so here goes nothing!

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

First Dr. Appointment (9 Weeks)

Finally, the first appointment is here! We have been eagerly awaiting this day. It's just so hard to believe it is real until that first ultrasound (although I have had some typical pregnancy symptoms going on). Here is a pic. I don't think I have gained too much weight yet. On a side note, I should have put my hair back. I am finally getting it trimmed tomorrow. It needs it bad!


The first appointment went great! Everything looks good, and I am almost 9 weeks! The ultrasound was a very cool experience. Aaron and I were both shocked with how much of the baby you could see. It made it feel so real! The baby's heart was pounding away at about 180 bpm. It was so neat to see on the ultrasound screen! The crown to rump measurement was around 2 centimeters. Everything looked on target. The baby was moving all around for us too - the doctor told us he/she was showing off for us :) Too cute! And based on how much it was moving, we both decided it was probably a boy. But we will see at the 20 week appointment! My next appointment is set for basically a month from now. We are hoping to actually hear the heartbeat at the next appt! Also, I got through the blood draw with no issues. I was a little worried since I have a history of getting very lightheaded and almost passing out in the past. Woohoo, go me. Plus, I better get used to it with how much blood I'll be having drawn over the next 9 months! Here are a couple pictures from today's ultrasound:

No comments:

Post a Comment