Welcome To Our Blog!

We are pleased to announce our first baby will be brought into this world around October 28, 2011! This is my first attempt at making a blog, so please bear with me through the process. This seemed like the perfect place to document it all, so here goes nothing!

Friday, September 23, 2011

September Has Been Very Busy!!

Hello!! I realize it has been awhile since I have updated the blog, so I figured I better get to it. We have lots to share! I'll start with some pictures:

The "S" Week, from good friend from highschool and college Laura Kauffmann (who is getting married in Louisville tomorrow by the way!) Very upset I am not able to travel to make the wedding though. We cannot wait for baby girl to play on the mat though!

The "F" Week, from Jean Homiston (Aaron's Aunt) and JeAnne (Jean's daughter-in-law).  The card from her is very creative! For example, she wrote "every little girl needs a Friendly Frog to get her through days and nights....she will need a Flannel receiving blanket to help keep her warm on cool, chilly days in Denver." We loved it all! Thanks!

The "N" Week from one of Aaron's aunts, Vicki Davis. She got us the stroller blanket to keep baby girl warm while on walks, as well as other times. The stroller was a birthday present to Aaron from his parents. We are very appreciative of both these gifts!! We cannot wait for many walks to come!

This is a picture of my feet as we burned moxi sticks next to my little toes. It is an old tradition to help the baby turn into birthing position. We have only done it once since on Tuesday we found out she is still breech. We shall see if it works!

Picture from my baby shower last weekend with my two awesome hosts, Emily Crowley and Katie Naughton. It was an amazing shower, I could not have asked for a better time. Thanks again Ladies!!

Fist bump!! 9/21 Ultrasound
We have had some great weekly presents as you can see! Once again, we are so grateful and appreciative to everyone who is participating. There has been a lot of thought into these gifts!!

So, to sum up what has been going on this month: We started birthing class at the beginning of the month, once a week on Tuesday evenings. It has been a good experience to this point, especially for Aaron. I had a pretty good idea of the birthing process from nursing school, but the class has provided us with lots of good tips and tricks. We have two more classes coming up, one this Saturday and another one right at the beginning of October. Last week I had five days off of work, which was a nice treat. I had a haircut, maternity pictures, a prenatal massage, and my baby shower over those five days. It was a very relaxing five days of pampering for sure! I am looking forward to getting the maternity pictures back and I will post some once I do!

We have had a couple dr appts this month, and everything is looking just great. As I mentioned, baby is still breech but we are hoping she will turn. If she does not turn, I will have a scheduled c-section. We will definitely keep everyone updated. I have gotten pretty big (for me anyways) all of a sudden, and with that I am getting uncomfortable and not much sleep but it's all for a good cause!! We also just chose a pediatrician this past week, yet another thing checked off our list!

Other than that, we are just doing last minute stuff around the house in preparation for our little one. We have both just been working and getting excited for her to arrive. Work is getting challenging for me, I am just so slow now, but it has been fun at the same time. All the patients want to talk about my bump! And my co-workers have been incredibly helpful!  Okay, I'll try to be better about updating. Thanks for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment