Welcome To Our Blog!

We are pleased to announce our first baby will be brought into this world around October 28, 2011! This is my first attempt at making a blog, so please bear with me through the process. This seemed like the perfect place to document it all, so here goes nothing!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lovely Little Lapine

The letter L was this week, to finish spelling out 'Girl.' So now we have been showered with gifts for Baby Girl, and we are on to Sanford to round it out! Good friend from highschool Sarah Howard sent us some very cute items from Pottery Barn Kids for our little lapine. For those of you who do not know (and admittedly I did not know) the name "Lapine" comes from the French word for rabbit, lapin, and can also be used to describe rabbit society. So I am very impressed with her creativity. Here is a picture of the gifts:


Hooded "lapine" towel and plaque to hang in the nursery
This last weekend we finished out our "babymoons" in Aspen, and Kota got to come along this time too! We had a great time checking out the town and especially visiting the well known Maroon Bells. It was absolutely gorgeous. My good friend Erin Linehan happened to be in Aspen for the weekend too, so we went to a bbq at her friend's place on Saturday night. It was especially memorable because I decided to try and walk right into the hot tub (obviously not an above the ground hot tub) while I was walking Kota. I got pulled down and almost started rolling like a little oompa loompa, but luckily all turned out okay and I walked away with only a couple bruises! Anyhow, Aaron was a little less than impressed with the "snobbish" attitude of the people in Aspen in general, but it didn't stop us from having a good time. Our lodge was really cute and the people were very nice there. Here are pictures from the trip:

Top of Independence Pass



Aspen Trees
 
Kota and I checking out the view (well I was anyways)
 
Downtown Aspen


Outside the lodge, 31 weeks

Ah, Kota


Maroon Bells Park



Maroon Bells in the background
Everything else is going great. Baby is kicking and moving around as I write! Our appointment last week was good. She is still in frank breech position (basically butt down in pike position). She still has time to turn and I am hoping she figures it out by the next appointment! As you can see, I am basically all baby. I have gained 16 lbs as of last week, and am still measuring on the small side. I am very grateful for this, especially because baby's growth is right on target. That's all I got for now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment