Welcome To Our Blog!

We are pleased to announce our first baby will be brought into this world around October 28, 2011! This is my first attempt at making a blog, so please bear with me through the process. This seemed like the perfect place to document it all, so here goes nothing!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Colds, Supplementation, Solids, and Valentine's Day

Alexa has had a cold for about a week now, and her little hoarse voice is the saddest (but cutest) little sound! We thought maybe she had an ear infection, so I brought her in to the pediatrician yesterday. She did not have an ear infection, but it turns out she has only gained 4 oz since her 2 month visit! She went from the 75th percentile to the 25th percentile in weight. So, long story short, we are giving her more ounces when she takes a bottle, and I am having to supplement with some formula after feeding her if she still is acting hungry. The fun news is we have been given the okay to start feeding her some solids too! I am so excited because my mother generously got us the baby bullet, and I think it will be fun to make foods for her and for her to start eating stuff other than milk. I will definitley post a picture when we give her the first bite of rice cereal. She has her 4 month visit next week, so hopefully she will gain a little weight over this week. We will see! Last, Alexa celebrated her first Valentines Day. On the 13th I dressed her up and we made dad dinner and dessert. I had to work on Valentines Day evening, so she was at daycare in the afternoon and got her first valentine from her teacher, Ms. Monique. It was very sweet :) Here are some pictures!

Starting to find her fingers

Chillin' in her flower hat

Looking cute for Dad the day before Valentines Day

Valentines Day outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment