Welcome To Our Blog!

We are pleased to announce our first baby will be brought into this world around October 28, 2011! This is my first attempt at making a blog, so please bear with me through the process. This seemed like the perfect place to document it all, so here goes nothing!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Y Is For "Y Do I Need This?" Plus Other Updates

Kelly Buckland, another childhood best friend, had the letter Y this week. She got some great gifts! And she was very creative with her messages of "Y do I need this?" For example, for the wipes warmer she said "Y? Because nobody wants a cold ass!" Haha!! She had a baby 10 months ago now, so she really has a good idea of what I will need. The cool thing is we actually have the same due date, one year apart! She got us a wipes warmer, a baby care timer (keeps track of things like diaper changes, breastfeeding, etc), a NoseFrida (a nasal aspirator where you literally suck the boogers out, I know, sounds gross but I hear works wonders!), and she got me a hands free pumping bra which I know will come in major handy! Thanks Kelly! Here is a picture of the gifts:


On another note, Aaron and I just got back from a 3 day trip to Telluride.  We had a great time, Telluride is absolutely gorgeous. There really are no words for it. In my opinion, it is one of the most beautiful mountain towns in Colorado. And the people were incredibly friendly!! It was great! We stayed at a bed and breakfast, and true to its word we had homemade breakfasts by the owner in the mornings. It was delicious! It was only an 8 bed place, so we had breakfast with the other couples in the morning. It was interesting to talk to others and hear about their experiences. There was quite the North Dakota ties this weekend, so we had many conversations surrounding ND. Here are some pictures highlighting our trip:



Downtown Telluride

Bridal Veil Falls

Gondola ride to the top

Overlooking Telluride

Telluride Mountain Village

27 Weeks

Spectacular View
Last, I had another doctor's appt last week and all looks great. Next week is my glucose tolerance test. Yum I just cannot wait to drink that juice ;-) Here is the best/funniest picture of baby girl we have so far. She is literaly kicking her head! A soccer star in the making!

1 comment:

  1. She's trying to do somersaults! I love it! You look great Julie...hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete